For Your Viewing Pleasure

Boy oh Boy am I thankful for the wonderful folks at Gorilla vs. Bear for posting this fantastic video of St. Vincent. Ever since I saw her play guitar for Sufjan at Sasquatch about four years ago, I have been entirely mesmerized by Annie Clark. This solely piano version of "Marry Me" was taken for Shoot the Player, which according to their website, features "local artists taking part in Sydney Festival’s ‘Play Me, I’m Yours’ public piano project, as well as official Sydney Festival artists from around the world." Even all by her lonesome, Clark somehow manages to create a simultaneously intimate and celestial atmosphere which ultimately makes me wish my name was John.

Now, if only she would release some new material. Her website does say "Stay tuned for studio updates" and that was only...5 months ago. I guess, this will have to do for now.





The website also has her doing an acoustic version of "What Me Worry" as well as an exquisite video of Beach House in a beach cove.

St. Vincent - Paris is Burning - from the 2007 Lp Marry Me

0 comments:

Post a Comment