New Clogs


Oboe is a weird instrument. Maybe it was my early exposure to the BBC made-for-tv Chronicles of Narnia soundtrack. Maybe it was my childhood love for Peter and the Wolf. Whatever the cause, the sound of the oboe sends me off into some trippy transcendent green space that slightly resembles the British country side.

Clogs likes oboe. Clogs is weird. Clogs sends me to that space.

And on their new album, the "indie-classical" group is branching out to embrace vocalists. Their last album, Lantern saw a move towards a more accessible sound, but with their new record, The Creatures In the Garden of Lady Walton (perfect name for my transcendent green space) Clogs goes a step further and finds help from the wonderful voices of Shara Worden (My Brightest Diamond) and Sufjan Stevens, to name a few.
(Photo via Stereogum)

From what I've heard (only two songs) this is going to be a great album.

[MP3]: Clogs :: On The Edge


0 comments:

Post a Comment