New Mountain Man

Mountain Man, the aptly named trio of ghost-voiced females, will be releasing their debut full length, Made the Harbor, on July 20.
We praised the band's last release, which came in at number 11 on my top albums list of 2009.

We now have our first taste (and it is just a taste) of the new album with the beautiful+brief "Soft Skin"
The track somehow manages to break itself into two distinct sections (they do realize the song is 2 minutes long right?) and, as usual, it adds a haunting element to the song that not easy to describe.

"I got soft skin. Are you gonna let me in?"

In my review I wrote that the Mountain Man listener feels as if she is intruding on the three singers rehearsing in the forest. That distance is dissolved a bit with this new track. It is a warm song that feels as if it was written just for you.

Mountain Man :: Soft Skin  

1 comments:

Kendall | May 7, 2010 at 2:03 PM

I dig it. Mountain Man is so good.
PS. The new layout is lovely.

Post a Comment