Kings of Convenience- Still Awesome



Please excuse the lack of relevance, newsiness, and informativeness in this post....


Sometimes a song you haven't thought about in forever can be the strongest rush of nostalgia.


I just heard Kings of Convenience's "Misread" from their 2004 CD Riot on an Empty Street on KEXP.


Holy shit I love that song. And that CD.


For years now this record has been a staple for my winters.


I immediately think of trudging through six inches of fresh snow on my way to campus in Ellensburg.... loitering outside Starbucks in the suburbs while smoking cigarettes with fingerless gloves.... driving the mountain passes.... too much black coffee.... and a shit-ton of other emo stuff that fits so perfectly with the damp, dreary Washington winter.


Riot on an Empty Street is like a warm fireplace. You should listen to it.

KEXP followed with Belle & Sebastian and Broken Social Scene. I think I have a crush on Cheryl Waters.



-----

Woah, I just googled it and it looks like this is post is almost timely. Kings of Convenience is releasing a new record on October 2nd called Declaration of Dependence. Their first in five long years. Looks like these Norweigians have an irony fetish as their first album was titled Quiet is the New Loud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment