Cuddle Up With: Twin Shadow


Its not like I meant to get into the 80's. It just sort of snuck up on me, like everything else these days. Lightening fast fads suddenly appearing on me ipod - its not even ironic anymore, I just like it because I like it.

Twin Shadow writes great music. Thats all that really matters in the end. He writes catchy songs. Its sort of a wonder that his debut album is called Forget, when all he seems to be doing is remembering. I mean, the guy's name is George Lewis Jr. Give me a break.
The name comes out of a lot of different things, I am in fact a twin, but it had less to do with that and more to do with motorcycles and stuff. You know, twin engines, first bike I ever wanted was a Honda Shadow, which is a pretty awful bike in my opinion these days, but it was the first bike I ever wanted. It just has a lot to do with always feeling like there's two sides or one side with another part of me offset from that side. It's about what the relationship is with that other part of myself. So kind of like a combination of motorcycle imagery, and coming into this new type of music. 
Honestly, what the hell is he talking about?

[mp3] Twin Shadow :: I Can't Wait
[mp3] Twin Shadow :: Castles In The Snow

Forget is produced by Chris Taylor of Grizzly Bear and is being released September 28th on his rookie record label, Terrible Records. Highly Recommended.

[myspace]

0 comments:

Post a Comment