Money Jungle



Duke Ellington, Charles Mingus and Max Roach :: Money Jungle

The Way is fast
like the beat of the jazz,
which through the buds in my ears, blooms-
transforming the stale, lonely
flashing-neon-lights
into a silent metronome.
and the whole world moves together again:

The yippy bitch tied to the bike rack
now yips in tune- complements Thelonious
with bright harmonies.
Might be pissing off everyone but me-
'cause I got the jazz in my head.

or the spastic bizzness man
walking fast
heel!
toe.
heel!
toe.
heel!
toe.
little does he know
He walks with the rhythm in my head.

or the slimy American flag-
moving in the wind-
seems to dance
the seductive dance
to the voice of romance-
like the singer's body-
hips slide over tables
she leans,
to the delight of many
then SNAPS upright
she croons our song,
tangled in herself she mourns
in blues.

0 comments:

Post a Comment