New Fredrik on the Way


My roommate Andrew has been listening to Fredrik's Na Na Ni all week. It's a perfect cold-weather album that made it into my top 5 of 2008. The best description of Fredrik's sound? Organic. I am still not sure how they manage to manipulate electronic percussion into sounding like creaking tree boughs. The songs cycle like homespun cloth and have an addictive movement that mimics the twirling of an antique music box (I know, right?).

And as I was taking a spin around the blogosphere this morning I stumbled upon some news! Fredrik is preparing to release their sophomore album in January. Its titled Trilogi. Two tracks have been released to the internet so far, and from what I've heard, Fredrik's sound has been preserved while their melodies have taken a turn towards the melancholic.
The darker songs suit them, and though the joyous anthems of Na Na Ni will never become tiresome, the change is welcome.

The album will be released 1/26 on The Kora Records.

Here is the first single from Trilogi (2010):


and from Na Na Ni (2008):



Catch a video and another mp3 from the new album at Stereogum

0 comments:

Post a Comment