Elvis Goes Dylan

Elvis Perkins In Dear Land

Stereogum just posted this video of one Elvis Perkins in Dearland. I haven't heard anything by this artist before so I was a little skeptical when the song "shampoo" was described as "a standout amongst standouts and one of the best folk songs you'll hear this year." But as far as singles, I think I have to agree. A great warm organ tone, harmonica, catchy drum beat, attention holding voice. This is good stuffI Just hope the album is this great. It's due oue on March 10. At any rate, they have an upright bass!



Elvis Perkins in Dearland will be playing at the Tractor Tavern Monday March 9.
The show starts at 8 o'clock 21+ and is $14 and tickets are Here.

For all you youngins, you can still see them perform at Easy Street Records on the same day. The time for that one says 7:30 so I assume they wont be opening at the Tractor at 8.

Continuing our backwards time travel, they will be performing on KEXP at noon the on the 9th. Three shows in one day! The stamina...

Also, apparently I have been blatantly ignoring Perkins because here he is on Letterman.



Listen to more of their (wonderful folk) music Here

Pre-order the album Here

Download "Shampoo"

1 comments:

Anonymous | March 5, 2009 at 3:42 PM

ahhh! why did you not tell me about this immediately upon discovery?

Post a Comment