Collaborations Maybe: Bob Dylan, Paul McCartney, MGMT

The 60's are Soo Back
If I had to list two of my favorite musicians that are still alive whose post 1971 output I have hardly followed, they would easily be Bob Dylan and Paul McCartney. So naturally I was intrigued when I read the Robby Z expressed interest in potentially collaborating with the old walrus. Dylan told Rolling Stone that it "would be exciting - to do something with Paul," which is saying a lot for the typically understated Bobby D.
Not many details yet but Paste Magazine has reported that the collaboration is going to happen with help on the drums from some guy named Ringo Starr. I am sure this is exciting for Mr. McCartney as he does have a well documented man crush on Dylan, so keep your ears open.

Elsewhere in the kingdom of Sir Paul, having just announced the amazing looking Beatle's Rockband, McCartney is keeping busy. Naturally one collaboration isnt enough, so Beatleman recently mentioned that he would be open to working with bloggo-babies, MGMT. As he told Zoegriffin.co.uk, "I like MGMT...I'd like to work on some more dancey stuff with MGMT. But it has to happen organically." That would be huge for one of the most hyped acts in all of hipsterdom.

He added: "We need to talk about it. I can't call them. If they called me, I'd say, 'How did you get my number?'. But I'd do it."

0 comments:

Post a Comment