Nirvana Bassist Running for Public Office


So here I am, lazily perusing my google reader when I come across this
"Nirvana's former bassist, Krist Novoselic, has announced that he is running for public office to protest Washington state's election methods."

Not exactly what I expected to see. He is apparently part of the (nonexistent) “Grange Party,” which sounds strangely close to this other "party" he was once a part of... Apparently, he is running "in order to bring attention to the state's policies of allowing candidates to name their own party affiliation." According to NME, "The politically active bassist currently serves as chairman of the Wahkiakum County Democratic Party." The only thing weirder than this is that I am reading about my home state on a British magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment