Dirty Projectors New Record Streaming on NPR


I hadn't really listened to The Dirty Projectors before this year. That was mostly because their releases prior to this year have been mostly inaccessible, art pieces that never really caught my ear. When I first listened to Dark Was the Night, I found my self coming back to the summery-morning-feeling opener "Knotty Pine" with its enrapturing piano hook and vocal variety. This then piqued my interest about their forthcoming LP Bitte Orca, which leaked quite some time ago. After the initial confusion about the frenetic song structures and vocal interplay, I completely fell in love with the album. That is to say, if you haven't had a chance to hear the Dirty Projectors new album, I absolutely recommend that you head over to (the great) NPR to check it out. Seriously. About half of this album is on my "Best songs of '09" iTunes playlist.

Buy Dirty Projectors - Bitte Orca

0 comments:

Post a Comment