I am Excited for Sasquatch

Sasquatch! '09

With all the buzz about the Coachella, Bonnaroo, and SXSW, I recently carried out my yearly lament about not living in any of these places. And seeing as how I don't live in Cali, TN, or TX I thought I would see what I could dig up about Washington's own big festival:Sasquatch!

As of yesterday's announcement, the dates of the festival are Saturday May 23 through Monday May 25. As usual, this is memorial day weekend. Though the lineup won't be released for some time now, there are a few strong rumors via the unofficial Sasquatch! blog. The two I am most excited for include the good time grammy winner Kings of Leon, and the unworried Peter Bjorn and John. I caught part of a Kings of Leon set at Bumbershoot a couple years ago and it was great fun.

Moving toward the weaker-but-oh-my-gawd-I-hope-they-are-true level rumors, Passion Pit, Grizzly Bear and Animal Collective are all purported to be taking time out of their schedules to grace the Gorge with their glory. I just recently snagged the Chunk of Change Ep from Passion Pit and I am not sure there is anything I would rather do than dance to it with thousands of other people. Grizzly Bear's forthcoming album is do to drop in May and given its supposedly sunny afternoon vibe, I can't think of a better way to celebrate than to play outside in a gorgeous sunny Washington scenescape. Animal Collective seem to like playing festivals and I couldn't help but notice that they have four days off in between Minneapolis and Vancouver, BC. Is it a coincidence that the last of these days off is also the first day of Sasquatch? I hope soo hard that it is not.

In other news the festival will pull a Bumbershoot and include a comedy tent. Except, this one is better because it will also be a dance tent. Yes!

1 comments:

Anonymous | February 12, 2009 at 1:03 PM

mmm. i love missing the best fucking festival washington has every year since i've heard about it. goddamn. one day, one day...

Post a Comment