Of Montreal - Beware Our Nubile Miscreants

I have always been back and forth on of Montreal. And I have to confess, I haven't even listened all the way through Skeletal Lamping. But I found this acoustic take of the song "Beware Our Nubile Miscreants" pretty rad. It almost strange to watch Kevin Barnes without a pony and larger than life limbs floating in the background. Without all the glitter, of the live show though, I think the song reveal a lot more of its melancholy character. I feel like it almost turns into a doo-wop sing along during the chorus.



Barnes' structural shifts are still abrasive, but I think the ambient psychedelic build strangely works well to close out the song.

A good interview with Barnes and some relationship advice.

of Montreal - Beware Our Nubile Miscreants - Skeletal Lamping

0 comments:

Post a Comment