Grizzly.

oh boy oh boy oh boy
As an objective music blogger, I know I am not supposed to gush over specific bands. But Grizzly Bear Day is coming! May 26 is now just 10 days away and we here at the cuddle box eagerly anticipate the release of the band's new album, Veckatimest.
Of course, we have already heard the damn thing a thousand times, but the only version we've been able to get our hands on is pretty low quality. I have contemplated whether a higher quality version will change much of the album (its already my favorite of the year). But with yesterday's release of the [high quality] single "Two Weeks", I realize that sound quality makes a huge difference with bands who have a subtle, more nuanced style.
I just pre-ordered the album, and I encourage everyone to do the same (its only 8 bucks at amazon right now!) if only for the anticipated incredible album art. Also I guess to support the Brooklyn quartet (looks like they can't even afford furniture and shoes).
The band also has a brand new website which matches the look of the album. There you can find some sweet photos, and read a fabulous article about GB from The New Yorker.
And I leave you with the band's first official single,

Two Weeks :: Grizzly Bear (from Veckatimest [2009])

1 comments:

Lola | May 16, 2009 at 1:16 PM

yessssssss!

Post a Comment