Why Sasquatch is Going to be Amazing

Sasquatch! Has Been Found!
(I totally took this photo...Word.)

Well, Sara, Robbie and I are heading off to Sasquatch. We are planning to take a lot of photos and not all of us are going to the exact same shows so hopefully we can put together a few posts that are relatively representative of the whole festival for those unfortunate souls unable to attend. I haven't been to Sasquatch for four years and the last time I went, it hailed and my tent flooded and I missed the Shins. Lets hope nothing like that happens this time. Here is a taste (via past P4k festivals) of what a few of this years Sasquatch acts sound (and look) like performing at festivals.




Grizzly Bear's album is set to come out the day after Sasquatch ends. I have already pre-ordered the vinyl and I know scott ordered the cd. If you haven't yet heard this album (welcome to the blogiverse), its one of the years most anticipated albums and definitely lives up to the expectations. If for nothing else, buy it for the awesome album art.
Grizzly Bear - "Two Weeks" - Two Weeks (Single) [2009]



Having recently rocked the DWTN charity show (of which you can see a portion here), Justin Vernon aka Bon Iver is so many people's favorite person. I was a little skeptical about how his surrestial (surreal + celestial, yeah?) music would translate to an outdoor festival setting. I hope that video is representative because I just got chills.
The National and Bon Iver
- "Vanderlylle Cry Baby (live)" - Dark Was the Night Charity Show



Once upon a time I was young and naive and thought that Animal Collective could never reproduce their sound live. This was circa Sung Tongs and I was a sophomore in High School. Forgive me. Despite having electronified every one of their songs, the immense creativity of their music translates into what looks like a one of a kind experience. And don't forget all the improvised vocal interplay (that maybe could be annoying but I still think is interesting). They seem to be reworking a lot of their songs to fit their new fancy which has translated to some really interesting reinterpretations.
Animal Collective - "Winter's Love Redux" - BBC Sessions 2009



Being as it is that Fleet Foxes have are homegrown heroes, I often feel that I can relate to the more pastoral elements in their music. That being said, I am elated at the chance to experience the affect that their songs will surely produce situated in the enormous landscape that is The Gorge.
White Antelope (aka Robin Pecknold of Fleet Foxes) - "It Aint Me Babe (Bob Dylan Cover)" - White Antelope

0 comments:

Post a Comment